Intensive In-Home Child and Adolescent Services address the comprehensive needs of children with serious psychiatric disorders to enable them to stay in their homes and communities. IICAPS requires a working partnership between the child, the family, and the treatment team for up to six months. Several sessions are provided each week to meet the needs of the individual child and family. Hours are flexible and responsive to the family’s daily routine.
- Stabilizing and maintaining children with serious mental health disorders in their homes and communities
- Preventing hospitalization through crisis intervention
- Identifying factors interfering with the child and family’s use of traditional outpatient services
- Improving the quality of fit between child and family to optimize developmental progress
- Comprehensive assessments
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication oversight
- Development and implementation of a comprehensive treatment plan
- Time-limited individual, family, and couples psychotherapy
- School consultation
- Parent guidance and training in behavioral management techniques
- Clinically informed case management and case coordination
- Multi-systems collaboration and coordination
- Culturally competent intervention
- Crisis response
If you believe this program would be a good fit for your child or child you are treating, print and complete the IICAPS referral form (Click To Download). Once completed, the form MUST be faxed to the director at (860) 645-1470.
If you would like more information about IICAPS, please contact our Director of Community and Home-Based services, Robin Entress, LCSW.