Happy Trails Transportation
With the help of the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving's Social Enterprise Accelerator, we have been able to tackle the problem of a poorly managed transportation system for our special education students. Starting in the fall of 2019, CCGC introduced Happy Trails Transportation, which provides safe, therapeutic, supportive rides for students, both to and from school.
Our drivers and staff have familiarity with the children and the ability to proactively apply behavioral interventions to safely get the students to their school or home destination without incident. Trained to quickly deescalate a child who is having a hard time, their presence ensures children's emotional needs are met and decreases the number of behavioral incidents.
What makes our services unique?
- Our staff are highly-trained experts in managing challenging behaviors and supporting children in learning to self-regulate.
- We have the ability to provide therapeutic interventions to resolve ongoing safety concerns.
- Students will receive consistency in routines and behavioral plans can be applied during transitions from school to home.
- Our vans are equipped with tracking systems, giving staff and administration the ability to know where buses and students are at all times. Technology also detects vehicle problems and driver attention changes.
* Currently, we are not taking additional student riders.